Molecule that inhibits the oxidation of other molecules. Oxidation is a chemical reaction that can produce free radicals, leading to chain reactions that may damage cells. Antioxidants terminate these chain reactions.
Description: An organo-sulfer compound derived from octanoic acid that is essential for aerobic metabolism – the process of extracting energy from carbohydrates, fatty acids and amino acids.
- Supports optimum visual health
- Neutralizes damaging effects of stress and free radical damage
- Improves skin health by reducing roughness and contributing to anti-aging
Did you know? Studies suggest ALA supplementation may enhance the body’s ability to use its own insulin to decrease blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. Early studies also have shown ALA provides relief for migraine suffers.
Description: A compound that occurs naturally to supply energy and is found in mitochondria, rod-shaped structures inside every cell that serve as a power generator.
- Enhances immune function and provides energy boost for people with chronic fatigue
- Acts as an antioxidant and also serves as a migraine treatment
- Demonstrates a variety of beneficial effects including blood pressure control, stabilizing blood sugar levels of people with diabetes, slowing progression of dementia, assisting with treatments for cancer and organ protection from toxic chemotherapy drugs
Did you know? Because mitochondrial dysfunction may play a role in migraines by limiting oxygen metabolism, research suggests that supplementation has reduced migraine occurrence in chronic suffers.
Description: The strongest naturally occurring antioxidant protein known to science, which protects every cell, tissue and organ against toxic free radicals and diseases. Glutathione has the added benefit over other well-known antioxidants like Vitamin C and E because it exists within every cell, and is thus called the “master antioxidant.”
- Fights free radicals and regenerates other powerful antioxidants, such as Vitamins C and E
- Aids in detoxification; supports the function of liver, kidneys and GI tract – the body’s major detoxification pathways
- Helps fortify the immune system in two ways: First, it plays a central role in the function of white blood cells, specifically T cell lymphocytes – the frontline of the immune system. Second, evidence suggests it stimulates the natural killing ability of all immune cells
Did you know? Research has shown that glutathione helps protect against photoaging – damage done to collagen fibers in the skin from exposure to ultraviolet radiation. Antioxidants protect the collagen fiber from free radical damage, ultimately protecting skin elasticity. Research also continues to focus on the effectiveness of glutathione supplementation in treating post-concussive symptoms.
Description: An essential trace mineral found naturally in many foods, soil and water. Selenium is vital for the body because of its effects on the immune system, neurological function and human reproduction.
- Has antioxidant properties that defend against free radical damage and inflammation
- Plays a major role in maintaining a healthy metabolism
- Aids in fertility for both men and women; the antioxidant powers protect the eggs and sperm from free radicals, which can cause a miscarriage or birth defect
- Select studies have found selenium to help regulate thyroid function and reduce asthma symptoms
Did you know? According to the “American Journal of Epidemiology” a person’s selenium intake throughout life may influence how well they retain cognitive function as they age.